- 2 cups- Refined flour or Maida
- 1 tsp- Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp-Soda bi-carb
- 2 tbsp-Cocoa Pd
- 1 cup-Thick curd
- 3/4- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup-Castor sugar
- 1/4 cup-Chocolate(chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Sieve together flour, baking pd, soda bi-carb, cocoa pd. Double sieve them to trap more air and ensure even mixing.
- Keep the mix aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together olive oil, curd, sugar till the mix is frothy. See the pic above.
- Add the flour mix to this mix in portions and gently mix them to avoid formation of lumps.
- Add milk and gently toss the mix to form a smooth, thick, and flowing paste. See the next pic..
- Pour the batter in a greased Muffin tray till it's half-filled, now spoon in a tspful of chopped dark cooking chocolate. See the pic..
- Now fold in a tsp of the batter on top of the chocolate chips to cover it, as shown in the next pic..
- You may use 4-6 muffin trays filled like the one below, in one batch.
- Transfer the muffin trays to the oven and bake at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Check the cake, in case it is not fully baked, cover each muffin tray with butter paper and bake for 2 more minutes.
- In case the cake is fully baked, take the muffin trays out and after a few seconds demould them and serve them hot.
- If the Choco-Lava cake is properly baked, you will find molten chocolate at the centre of each cake, as seen in the following pic. You should therefore serve the cake while it's still hot without delay.
Umm-mm, it's delicious! It's perfect for the Christmas too, my kids have already ordered me to bake these along with other goodies for the Christmas!!MY SWITCH: I switched white butter in the original recipe with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
It's time to signout now. I'm planning to make these and Carrot-Almond Muffins along with Sugary snowballs for Christmas. Don't be disheartened, I'll share all the recipes before Christmas so you may try and enjoy all these delicacies too!! Thanks for visiting my Blog. I really appreciate and value your comments and feedback, so keep giving your feedback!! Have a great time!!